Tommy Steiner, 37, is from Lower Austria. He is entrepreneur for environmental monitoring.
Despite his vast professional travelling activity for his international company, he is also extremely active during his past-time: Mountainbiking, climbing, back-country skiing, ice-climbing, and alpinsim. Simply Mountaineering. A self-organised trip (16 people) in 1999 introduced Tommy to the world of trekking and expeditions, and, finally inspired him to organise all his future trips himself. "Minimal groups are the preferred and optimal group size for such undertakings".
- 1999 Peru: Alpamayo 5947m
- 2000 Nepal: Imja Tse 6189m, solo winter ascent
- 2002 Alaska: Denali 6193m, solo ascent, alpine style in 8 days
- 2003 Japan: Fuji 3776m, solo winter ascent in 1 day
- 2007 Russland: Elbrus 5642m